What a exciting time! New year and NEW Jumping Jellies Programs! Here’s what we have in store for Spring!
Creative Movement & Dance for Preschoolers Ages 3-5
(Auburn Bay Community Centre- Wednesdays 4:30-5:30 starting March 8th)
(Midnapore community centre- Fridays 4:30-5:30 starting April-June)
“Jumping Jellies” offers fun and Creative Dance, and movement for preschoolers. This incredible program specializes in the early development of children by offering an engaging and interactive class!
While learning different moves Jumping Jellies also focuses on the fundamental gross motor skills of children; a great stepping stone to the wonderful world of music, and dancing.
Specific focus on:
- Musicality with different props
- Improving social skills through partner work
- Dancing as a team
- Release of energy
Hip-Hop Ages 6-8
(Midnapore community centre- Fridays 5:30-6:30 starting April-June)
For kids who want to gain a understanding of modern and historic Hip-hop, freedom of motion with Hip-hop styles included and influenced with a large dance number to bring together all styles learned in a showcase!Kids will feel awesome letting out their inner B-Boy/B-Girl with these cool and fun Hip-Hop beats!!
Specific focus will include:
- Different rhythms and movement to R&B, Reggae, and stomp percussion
- The evolution of motion in hip-hop : Isolation, Popping, Locking and Holds
- The origins and importance of Hip-Hop dance movements in history
- Children will gain an understanding how to work outside of the box, and think on the spot with improvisation within the dance circle
- Team building and musicality learned through stomp “call and response” sections
Registration for Spring Class will start February 5th! Can’t wait to see all the new and great Jumping Jellies!